You have fewer than 20 contact teaching weeks to go before the ATAR. The April holidays are going to be your last chance to sit back and get organised.
Tip 1 Relax
April is the last relax time you are going to have until your final exams are over.
- Plan your time through until the ATAR exams, including relaxation time.
- Take that time off…. Guilt free. Total relaxation.
Tip 2 Humanities or Science? Uni or TAFE?
- Humanities or science? Which way do you want to go? If you can’t decide go to these sites for help. (If you contact me I will email you a link to this Coggle map so that you can get the links without looking them up.)
- If it is Uni decide which uni is best for you. You can go to their open days in July and August.
- If TAFE, get an appointment at your local Jobs and Skills Centre and get the experts to show you opportunities.
Tip 3 Check out the Year 12 Handbook
In Year 12 it is time to check important dates, exam information, double check WACE requirement to make sure you comply. They are all in the Year 12 Information Handbook.
Tip 4 Enrol in ATAR Revision Courses for Mid Year Holidays
Most successful students get at least some revision support from one of the companies that provides mid year ATAR revision programs.
Tip 5 Set SMART Goals and Ask for Help
- List your subjects
- Set a SMART goal for each subject
- Check with each teacher to see what you need to do to achieve your goal
- Ask them for help to achieve that goal.
If you have any great tips for Year 12 survival please send them through.
The monthly In focus Careers Newsletter helps you to see what is possible. Contact me for a complimentary copy.
Thank you for such wonderful work throughout the year. (XXXX) SHS has found your newsletters to be so very, very helpful. We are so appreciative of your efforts and look forward to the 2019 issues.
(Top Ranking Metropolitan Government School.)
My Commitment to West Australian Careers Education
For In Focus Careers to be the conduit to Insanely Great Careers Information for West Australian students I undertake to:
- Write 10 insanely great issues of In Focus Careers newsletter each year that focus on the needs of West Australian students and careers teachers.
- Search for local, national and international information that could impact on the careers of West Australian students.
- Connect you with insanely great careers teachers across the In Focus Careers network.
- Listen to and support West Australian careers teachers
M: 0434 056 412