We’ll use your year 11 results to assess your application for an early offer and calculate your predicted ATAR.
Curtin University Early Offers Advice
Is ATAR still important?
While there are many alternative pathways, ATAR is still the most common way that school leavers use to get into university.
Final ATAR results are still important as:
- final offers are made on actual rather than estimated ATAR results.
- courses with lots of applicants for limited places will offer those places to the students with the highest ATAR scores.
- academic scholarships are usually based on ATAR results.
Most senior students undertake some form of extra revision programs to give themselves every chance to succeed.
Many schools offer revision programs.
- Your school newsletter will identify revision programs or additional support that your school will be offering.
- You can often find semi retired teachers, who have been expert advisors on exam content and style, who are available as tutors. Ask at your front office if they have a list of available tutors.
- Some of the best programs are offered by subject specialists who advise on the style and subjects of the exams. Ask your specialist ATAR teachers if there will be an ATAR Exam Information session on their subject.
Several organisations specialise in tutoring students in preparation for ATAR, OLNA or NAPLAN exams.
ECU has run ATAR revision programs in the past. In 2021 it did them online because of COVID. A program for 2022 has not yet been published but watch out for them as they are free and they fill up quickly.
I will put a notice in the In Focus Careers Newsletter as soon as details become available.
Academic Task Force
ATAR Revision Courses
Academic Task Force Holiday Revision Courses are designed specifically for students looking to revise ATAR course content and practice exam-style questions in preparation for exams.
Students will increase their understanding, receive fresh insights and gain intensive revision of their subject during this short course. Each subject is taught by a highly qualified and vaccinated ATAR teacher with a strong background in marking and writing exams to increase their performance.
- Rossmoyne Senior High School
- Churchlands Senior High School
- Duncraig Senior High School
- Perth Modern School
Master Classes are one hour sessions conducted once a week in term time. Each week they reteach, revise and reinforce the topics and areas of study that the students are dealing with in their classes at school.
Masterclasses offer students
- Ongoing academic support
- More confidence at school
- A better chance of success in assessments
- Individualised help solving specific problems
- Small group classes
ReviseOnline offers specifically designed multiple choice, short answer and extended response questions in a range of Year 11 and 12 courses which match the format of ATAR exams.
Once you submit a completed test or exam you’re provided with ATAR-standard sample responses and can evaluate your answers against a fully-worked marking key. All our courses are up to date and WACE specific, so each question you complete is improving your exam skills and ultimately boosting your ATAR!
Check out the courses HERE.
The Exam Experts
Nailing the ATAR and getting the results you are hoping for isn’t necessarily about being the smartest kid in the class. It’s about being well-prepared, knowing what to focus on and understanding what questions are most likely to come up in the exams and how to answer them.
With the help of T.E.E. Consultants’ July holiday intensive exam revision program, Year 12 students can access ten hours of additional teaching per subject, to truly understand the course curriculum and perform better in exam conditions.
Students are invited to enrol in up to five subjects in Week One of the July holiday period. Country students can access heavily discounted, full board accommodation packages which offer safe, secure, supervised accommodation on-site for regional students who enrol in at least three subjects.
Courses are run at UWA and at Murdoch.
Check their programs HERE.
At inTuition, each student undertakes an assessment and programs are customised to meet their needs. Tutors are qualified teachers or experts in their fields.
The office is based in Osborne Park
You can find their programs HERE.
To keep up to date with news for West Australian school students, subscribe to In Focus Careers Monthly News
Email Bev.J@infocus-careers.com.au for details.