These are work experience resources from around Australia which may be helpful for educators who organise work experience.
This is a 65 page manual. It is based on Victorian laws and policies which are similar to ours, but you will need to map differences if you adapt templates.
- Age of students doing work experience, time spent, hours and conditions.
- Roles and responsibilities of different stakeholders
- There are sample forms that you can adapt.
- Legal issues like Working With Children checks, OSH, privacy, equal opportunity.
- Special conditions like working with animals and construction induction training.
- There are sample evaluation forms.
- To top it off there is a checklist for teachers.
Victorian Education Dept Manuals and forms
- Work Experience Manual | Work Experience Manual
- Work Experience Guidelines for Employers
- Guidelines for Students Undertaking Work Experience with Animals
- Proposed Work Experience with Animals – Summary of Student’s Experience
- Risk Assessment Form for Work Experience
- Sample Risk Assessment Form for Work Experience (doc – 872.5kb)
- Frequently Asked Questions – Child Employment Legislation and Workplace Learning
- A Job Well Done: Work Experience Safety Resources for Students with a Disability.
ACTU Work Experience Resources
The ACTU resources are a bit less formal than the Victorian government ones. There are tips on what to wear for example. The Work Experience Diary may be useful to teachers and it will increase awareness of union services.
Year 10 Magic Happens Careers Handbook and Teachers’ Guide
I provided information and templates in the Handbook and Teachers’ Guide that I sent out to subscribing schools about 3 weeks ago.
If you would like to subscribe to the In Focus Careers Newsletter for 2020 and get access to the other teaching resources that I send out you can subscribe HERE: