Craig Hillman, from Helena College in Darlington sent in his Tips on How to Get the Most from Your In Focus Careers News.
Tips to get the most from In Focus Careers
- I read it straight off my screen. It is a skim/scan effort and usually tasks 5 – 10 minutes.
- I cut and paste, so…on my second reading I take the relevant info and put it in a word doc.
- The information then goes into the Daily Notices on SEQTA and/or to our Community Relations Team for inclusion in the next newsletter.
- I prepare handouts for parents during the Parent Information Evenings I deliver.
My Top Tip: Teacher Registration Board Professional Learning Log
I log the reading of your newsletter on the TRBWA Website as Professional Learning, Informal Category, I log it as 30 minutes. I guesstimate it at that length and tick the following boxes:
- Standard 62 (Engage with professional learning and improve practice)
- 3 (Engage with colleagues and improve practice)
- 4 (Apply professional learning and improve student learning)
- Standard 73 (Engage with the parents/carers)
Notes Relating to Readings
There is a Documents retained section on the TRBWA website so I tick the “Notes relating to readings …” as well as the “Copies of articles …” and “Conference papers” when I share the information at Parent Nights.
I keep an electronic copy of your newsletter and have been able to go back to find dates and contact information during interviews with students and their parents.
The In Focus Newsletter is long but the information is rich and really valuable. The in-school opportunities and post-school options for our senior students are extensive. I personally value and thank you for you distilling the vast array of material into bite-size chunks with links to further details when I require them
Join West Australian career experts
These resources are available to subscribers to In Focus Careers. For a complimentary copy of In Focus Careers News EMAIL: Bev.J@infocus-careers.com.au
Please email me a complimentary copy of the In Focus Careers newsletter.
Infocus Careers is an independent organisation which is solely supported by insanely great subscribers who share information with me, support each other and help me to pay my bills.
I can talk about careers under water so if you would like to chat about how I can help you to improve your career or the services you deliver, give me a ring on 0434056412 or email me at Bev.J@infocus-careers.com.a