Education and Career Support is available to people aged 15 – 25 who have cancer. These services are available to diagnosed young people no matter when they were diagnosed.
Every year, another 23,000 young people aged 12-25 are impacted by cancer, whether it’s a close family member’s diagnosis or their own.
Education and Career Support Available
- Connect you with peers in similar situations through programs and recreation days;
- Provide access to free information and resources for you and for schools
- Help you to take a break or keep up with your work or study.
- Help you to make informed decisions about finding meaningful career
- Develop job readiness skills, such as finding work, writing a resume and preparing for job interviews
- Refocus your career and study aspirations
To find out more about the Canteen services, access resources or refer someone in for support please contact 1800 835 932 or visit- https://www.canteen.org.au/health-professionals/refer/
Thanks for this contribution from KRYSTLE STYLIANOU, Education and Career Support Consultant, Canteen – WA