You have to leave school at the end of year 12. Hanging around would be creepy.
Create an Interview Folio
Put COPIES of your stuff in your folio and put the original in a safe place.
You folio can have:
- Your resume/CV
- Your application for the job/scholarship/course you are going for. You can get help from a Jobs and Skills Centre to do this.
- References from teachers, coaches, mentors
- Photos of prizes you have won
- Creative work (photos of you working on a car, building something, doing community service, art, cooking)
- Anything else you can think of that will show you in a good light.
Get Interview Skills
Go to a Jobs and Skills Centre free Interview Skills course.
To get many jobs in Western Australia you need a driver’s license. If you haven’t started to get one, start now. Go to this site to get started.
Tax File Number
If you want to get paid employment you will need a Tax File Number. You can apply HERE.
If you haven’t got a bank account, you will need one. Go to the MoneySmart site to get financial advice on how to manage money now that it is largely invisible. That site also has a budget planner.
The Barefoot Investor guy says NEVER get a credit card.
Clean up your social media
People will check your digital footprint. Make sure your social media is pristine.
Call the expert
If you need help getting your ducks in a row contact me on 0434056412.