Do you need to reduce the disruption of leaving Year 12? Here are some tips on how to cruise out of school so you can be excited and relaxed about your journey.
Build in Fun
Going on a cruise is fun. Having fun is the WHOLE POINT of the cruise. Structure some fun into your cruise from school.
- Set aside time to plan a big holiday. Even if you are locked into study next year. You can plan some fun time.
- Make planning part of your routine. Build in other fun bits to your routine… plan going to the beach, camping, playing sport. A framework for your life will help you to keep moving and motivated.
- You don’t go on a cruise alone. Build keeping in touch with your school friends into your routine.
You visit places you love AND places that are new when you are on a cruise.
- Plan to do more of the things you love. You might need to think about this a bit.
- If you are hitting barriers as you try to find new things for your dream list, see a career advisor.
REMEMBER YOU ARE CRUISING, not going to a long term destination. Take time to enjoy the journey.
You Will Need Some Money
Check what help is available to get some money.
Try a Side Hustle. Mow lawns in your neighbourhood. Sell something at markets. Babysit. Busk. Sell your school books and uniform. Have a garage sale. Advertise your business on your community Facebook page.
Plan What to do After Your Cruise
Set a time to START LOOKING for a mini destination. You can start doing this at any time. Take baby steps. Do some career quizzes.
See a career advisor to settle on…
- What interests you at the moment.
- What is POSSIBLE.
- What help is available.
- What you WANT to do about finding a mini destination.
- Create a SMART plan.
I like the idea of cruising out of school because leaving school is a big trip. The cruising life has a purpose… to have fun. You can get totally engaged and you can while you are relaxed you may become inspired. If not…. you have had a great time so your time wasn’t wasted.
If you need help check out a qualified career advisor to help you to plan your journey.